Blog

Oct
24

Alcohol use in older adults, why staying sober this holiday season is important

The weather is getting cooler, the breeze is picking up and the daylight is getting shorter. And, you know what that means; the holidays are right around the corner. Holiday gatherings with family and friends comes merriment, laughter and potential alcohol consumption.

Read More
Oct
24

Could the cause of your rosy cheeks be more than you think?

Rosy cheeks, blushing, tickled pink – all terms that have been coined over time as terms of endearment and are usually associated with the color of our face after experiencing an emotion. However, in some, having a rosy complexion could be caused by an underlying skin condition.

Read More
Aug
29

Proactively take care of your health

You’ve probably heard the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away,” however, should you be trying to avoid seeing a healthcare provider?

Read More
Aug
12

Is it time to close your PFO?

The foramen ovale is a hole between the top two chambers of the heart that creates a tunnel for blood to properly oxygenate while a baby is in the womb. After birth, this is no longer necessary and in about 75% of people, this tunnel closes within the first several months of life. The remaining 25% of people have a patent foramen ovale, which may go undetected throughout their life but may cause problems for some. 

Read More
Aug
11

Why your body needs sleep and how to improve it

Ensuring you get enough sleep should be just as high of a priority as taking care of your physical and mental health. Without it, your body won’t have the proper time it needs to recharge before the next day’s activities.

Read More
Jul
29

Stop the Stigma

As the national mental health crisis becomes more publicized in the media, you’ve probably heard that taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your physical health. So, why is there still a stigma around it?

Read More
Mar
15

Prevention is the Best Medicine

Dr. Ravikant Varanasi, Pinehurst Medical Clinic gastroenterologist, discusses the importance of routine colon cancer screenings and how they can save your life.

Read More